Monday, April 20, 2009

Zeus' Past Ponderings Day 2

Before Day 2 gets posted, let us take another look at The Flaw in the 4.0 GPA.

First, wow I can't remember how I even was able to write that back in the day. A) It's way too deep for a 1
7 year old boy, and B) it was over a girl who I had originally refused to date then did, then got dumped (hence the post), and about 4 months after this post she asked me out again. Now that's what I call a clusterf*ck. And wtf water skeeters?

K on to the second transcription from the ol' site:

March 11

Another dreary Friday surprisingly had me waking up and racing out of my sister's comfortable bed that I have been sleeping in since she left for university. Homework what a bore can't say anything much about geology interests me except classifying and the general knowledge of being able to name a rock or mineral I see in someone's garden steps. However I believe homework must be done and the more boring it is the longer it takes. Geology is no exception especially when its a review of information that your current text book assumes that you already know from previous years of “strenuous” “memorizing” and “studying.” All words of which are not familiar or well liked in my realm and viewing of the world. Once homework is finished the rush to get ready for school without forgetting something in fifteen minutes less time then I had previously wanted because geology proved even more boring then previously anticipated.

Costa Rica practice had its highlights, Band Teacher #1 wasn't there and neither was his replacement, Replacement Band “Shave all remnants of Band Teacher #1 Away” Teacher. Band Teacher #2 provided his usual understanding of Band Teacher #1 with multiple references to bribes of less interaction with Band Teacher #1 while down on our “holiday” from school and hopefully Band Teacher #1 I might add. “Bitch” was a word that came up and seemed to make my day a little better since it came from the mouth of our fearless Leader Band Teacher #2.

Science could not have been more boring. Mark test watch movie trying to convince young children into becoming Earth Scientists. In grade 10 most people generally know what they do or don't want to be when they grow up and I can guarantee an Earth Scientist is likely farther from the top of my list after a movie that did nothing but explain why a person liked their job. Taking notes and making questions about the movie was not a sought after activity in my opinion I could have taken a zero had I not been so tired as to realize the stupidity of Science Teacher #1's statement that there was tonnes of information in the movie.

Planning was a whole other story starting with Planning Teacher #1 attempting to look responsible and doing his usual delegation of work to students so that he may look at car sights on the Internet and always looking for ways to add yet another item to his list of possessions that he can brag about. School TV Vision in the Career Centre was far from a highlight and would have been a major disappointment had it not relived the complete disorder of Planning 10. Drawing is a nice activity when your in the mood and not completely bored to death by the mindless activity that was causing me to draw cartoons of one grandma Vandulsteinschmidt in various widths and heights.

Lunch was a highlight with random and happy photographs being taken with my ill gotten replacement of a camera.

Socials was another planning except with mindless reading of a book that I could careless about if there was a track meet or a nuclear explosion involved.

Band was dreadful having Replacement Band Teacher #1 continue to enforce his tyrannical rule other our class in his humorous and seemingly harmless manner. Tuning was a topic and multiple changes in conducting that could send Band Teacher #1 right off the deep end when he finds he needs to correct them.

School was over and I was prepared to escape to my retreat on the track when creeping around a corner and out of Band Teacher #2's guitar class that I had infiltrated Band Teacher #2 fingers me with his surprised and attention getting look on his face that he uses to attract you towards him because you know he wants to give you something. In this case Band Teacher #2 gave me back my MiniDisc and its various cables and adapters that are used for recording.

Finally, after escaping the grasps of Band Teacher #2 and unfortunately another attack by Bob, I was able to juggle my books, water bottles, Gatorade, music and saxophone down the hall until I was able to drop dead in front of my locker and grab my back pack and stuff it full with equipment for my venture into the world outside of school, TRACK.

Helena picked me up and diligently drove me to her home under the suspicion of her mother, recently back from a vacation, so that I was able to change. On the way to track conversing was not a strong point since Helena looked as if she was about to drive off the road because of the need for sleep that she so often has because of her intense study habits.

Track was interesting because of my extreme hyperactiveness that always seems to overtake me when my Mizunos go on. Unfortunately Jim wasn't there and I had to live with trying to make the most out of life with Helena “Always Look on the BAD side of Life” and Shenequa “I know I spelled this name wrong sorry. I look younger than my brother” Man.

Various topics came up that were well interesting to say the least. Bill and I tried to get a conversation started about socks after Helena and SM discussed athletic bras and what materials give you bruises or cuts while running.

False starts and complaints seemed to be a popular topic today as I tried to beat Helena in our six seven second runs. Myself being the subject of the complaints and accused false starts.

On the way home I could tell I was being a nuisance and it was obvious I was bothering myself more than I was bothering Helena and thus I tried to shut myself up but as you can see from reading this piece of literature shutting up is not a specialty in my domain of abilities.

Crawled into my abode and quickly lost track of time and at 6:15 after realizing I was lacking my dinner and sufficient time to have a shower and obtain a dinner. I made an executive decision to not go to the school's play “Closets” staring Cara and various other grade eight actors I could care less about.

Life after that was that of which is quite familiar to me. Loneliness and boredom all combined to give me an impatient mood with various friends who assume certain information that I do not have. I've found some quotes that seemed very appropriate at the time:

“Every improvement in communication makes the bore more terrible.”

-Frank Moore Colby

“A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company.”

-Gian Vincenzo Gravina

“A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one and a half times his own weight in other people's patience.”

-John Updike



--Zeus

No comments:

Post a Comment