Saturday, April 18, 2009

Zeus's Past Ponderings Day 1:

So since starting this blog. I've been reminiscing about my past attempts at blogging and in doing so I remembered one I tried to start about 4 years ago. So over the next few days I will be transposing many of those writings on to this one so welcome to:

Zeus's Past Ponderings Day 1:

(Pretty much the same as when I posted it 4 years ago except corrected some grammar and spelling mistakes)

The Flaw in the 4.0 GPA

The truly brilliant people in this world, the ones who don't just do well in school and life but also do well because they want to and they want to achieve there goals and dreams by doing everything to the best of their ability, have one flaw. That flaw is one that anyone who has ever been accused of being a perfectionist knows, should be aware of, and possibly ashamed of as I am. They give up. They give up when they realize that the surface of the lake has nothing to give to them. A water skeeter floats on the surface, lives and dies on the surface, without ever knowing what lies beneath until its too late and their body is drifting away. Love can seem terrible, mediocre and excellent but until you hold your breath, take a chance and dunk your head under the surface you never experience the entire volume and mass of what love can bring you.

--Zeus


No comments:

Post a Comment